The five learning topics for the 2017 PLI Academy syllabus are listed below.
- Return on Investment - Telling Your Story and Providing Your Value;
- Strategic Planning and Organizational Development for Human Services Professionals;
- Developing and Implementing a Policy Advocacy Strategy;
- Resilient Leadership; and
- Professional Networking.
Application and Admissions Information
To learn more about the 2017 PLI Academy and the Admissions Process, check out the 2017 Academy Info Packet.
View Info Packet
All practitioners that apply to the Academy must meet the following criteria:
- Be a senior-level practitioner, engaged in providing direct services, program management, administrative oversight, policy advocacy, and/or fund development within at least one of the following focus fields:
- Responsible Fatherhood
- Family Strengthening
- Workforce Development
- Boys and Men of Color
- Be connected to one of these focus fields for at least a five-year period.
Successful candidates for the 2017 PLI Academy also demonstrate the following traits:
- Commitment to the field, with at least five years of experience;
- Proven success in a higher education setting; and
- Capacity to make data driven decisions including data collection and analysis.
Admissions Info Session Webinar
Recorded on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 | 12:30 PM EDT
If you are interested in learning more about the Academy and the application process, view this webinar to learn about:
- The PLI Academy admissions process and criteria;
- The Academy experience, including travel opportunities, fellow expectations, and program timeline;
- The benefits of participating in the Academy as a fellow; and
- The fellowship experience with the Academy through live testimonials from current and past fellows.
View Webinar Recording
Tuition costs are fully subsidized thanks to generous support from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Family Assistance. The tuition costs include face-to-face learning engagements, online learning sessions, instructional technology and reading materials. Lodging costs and most travel costs for face-to face-engagements are also included in the subsidized tuition costs.
The fellow or supporting organization will be responsible for travel related expenses including ground transportation, meals, incidentals, and airport parking.